The Whisky Exchange
Customer Services Administrator
Park Royal, London
Apply by 07 October 2022
If you think you have what it takes, please contact us now at [email protected]
About The Whisky Exchange
The Whisky Exchange (TWE) is a family business founded in 1999, and has since grown to be the internet’s number-one specialist retailer of whisky and other spirits, serving thousands of satisfied customers every week.
Job Title: Customer Services Administrator
Line Manager: Team Leader
Executive Reporting Line Manager: Operations Director
Contract Term: Permanent, Full-time
Contracted Hours: Monday to Friday 9am-6pm
This equates to a 40 hour working week
Overview of Speciality Drinks Group
Speciality Drinks is a fast-growing and world-renowned international spirits company. Founded in 1999, we were one of the first multi-channel, multi-market global drinks distributors and remain leaders in our field.
We’re looking for bright, motivated, passionate and driven people who share our passion for excellence, innovation and delivering great customer service. In return we can offer an exciting, fast-moving, varied environment with great opportunities to develop your career.
Overall objective of role
To provide exceptional customer service standards, maintaining high customer satisfaction at all times. To act as a liaison, provide product/services information and resolve any emerging problems that our customers might face with accuracy and efficiency.
Due to business requirements, it is expected the role holder to have a high degree of flexibility in order to meet the demands of the role. The role holder must be able to adjust to a broad and fluid set of tasks as requirements change in this progressive company.
- Supply Chain
- SDL Group
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage high volume of incoming calls from customers within agreed time scales
- Identify and assess customer needs to ensure satisfaction on orders placed
- Liaising with courier companies where service level agreements (SLA’s) have not been met
- Deal with issues relating to damaged products, incorrect orders as well as delayed or lost packages
- Advise and request instruction for all out of stock items
- Advise customers of any payment issues that might occur while processing the order.
- Provide accurate, valid and complete information by using the right methods/tools
- Handle complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within agreed time scales, ensure complaints are managed through to resolution
- Assist customers on selecting products most appropriate to their needs & occasion
- Upsell products where possible
- Manage customer contact through the medium of telephone calls, electronically and face to face
- Provide pricing and delivery information in a clear and accurate manner
- Perform customer verifications
- Record details of inquiries, comments and complaints, recording details of actions taken and ensure reporting of any issues to the Team Leader
Ensure necessary and timely communication and co-ordination of customer requirements is dealt with via internal departments
- Investigate negative service reviews and respond to all customer reviews through Trustpilot and Google review sites
- Process credits as well as being able to use our payment system to complete any necessary refunds
- Process returns & liaise with the returns department so that stock is replenished back to pick locations efficiently
- Respond to chargebacks and provide all necessary documents as required by the payment gateway provider (WorldPay, PayPal, Amex, Amazon Pay, etc.)
- Accept payments and issue credits using our payment gateway provider WorldPay.
- Assist the accounts department with allocating payments/charges to the correct account/customer
- Help the events/marketing team with creating shipping labels when required
- Manage the Amazon selling platform. Process Amazon orders and respond to customer messages in our Amazon Seller Central account
Key skills and knowledge
- Confident telephone manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience of working as part of team in a busy customer service environment
- Demonstrate a tenacious, pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, remaining professional at all times
- Demonstrate a proactive and ‘can do attitude’
- Friendly and tactful personality
- Ability to handle complaints and deal with irate customers
- Planning and organising own work load
- Accurate and detail conscious
- Excellent IT skills including Excel and Microsoft packages
- Experience of using a CMS/ERP system (e.g. Defacto)
- Spirits, drinks background or knowledge of the drinks industry would be advantageous
A training plan will encompass the following to ensure effectiveness of the employee if not already possessed and verified or experienced in:
- ERP system, (Defacto)
- other in-house systems
- manual handling
- Training as required conducted on an on-going basis.