Park Royal, London
Apply by 03 July 2022
If you think you have what it takes, please contact us now at [email protected]
Job Title Account Manager
Line Manager Auction Manager
Executive Reporting Line Manager Auction Director
Contract Term Permanent, Full-time Contracted Hours Monday to Friday 9am – 6pm This equates to a 40 hour working week with flexibility to meet business needs
Whisky.Auction is a leading online platform for buying and selling whisky, fine spirits, miniatures and memorabilia. Every team member is required to display knowledge and enthusiasm for the products we’re selling, a passion for excellence, creativity and excellent customer service.
Overall objective of Role
At Whisky.Auction we have built a strong team and business. We are looking for an experienced account manager to take care of some of our most treasured customers, and continue to develop new accounts. You will be a key support for the auction manager and the wider auction business.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for old and rare spirits, has proven success working with the high-end trade delivering customer service excellence, and is a real team player. In this highly competitive environment it will be critical to success that the role holder is able to think strategically but is also hands-on and agile in adapting to changing circumstances. Working with an amazing range of old and rare bottles of whisky and fine spirits, and cultivating relationships with our customers around the world. You will be working with the Whisky.Auction team to source fine, rare and desirable whiskies and other spirits for sale through the auction, you will have a strong knowledge of the world of whisky, an understanding of not just the products but their value too. The role holder will need to have excellent interpersonal skills and a high degree of flexibility in order to meet the demands of the role. It may be necessary on occasions to work outside normal working hours in order to meet the necessary demands of our client base.
The role holder must be able to adjust to a broad and fluid set of tasks as requirements change in this progressive company.
Internal · Auction Director
· Auction Manager
· Auction Team
· Auction Process Manager
· Customer Services team
· Creative team
· IT & Technical team
External · Brands
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Take over management of long- standing valued existing accounts and ensure that the relationship continues to grow and prosper. A strong customer service excellence will be critical to success and delivered through: excellent account management; complex problem solving and ability to foresee and mitigate potential issues.
- Prospect and cultivate new business through research & networking across collectors and the trade to reveal all potential opportunities and turn these into profitable accounts for Whisky.Auction.
- Work closely with the different business functions to deliver a high level of integrated customer service and find solutions for any issues, and look for opportunities to improve our processes and communicate this both internally and externally.
- Continually develop and grow understanding of spirit categories to ensure you can add value to your customer base through top class knowledge and advice.
- Adopt a consultative approach to deliver real value for our customers through relevant support requests.
- Work towards achieving annual targets set on a number of key measurable objectives to achieve desired results for Whisky.Auction through relationship building, strategic planning and successful tendering for large collections.
- Looking at the wider picture and show willingness to take on projects or duties that go beyond the remit of own role but support the wider business through: mentoring other members of team; troubleshooting by working cross-functionally to influence positive outcomes for the customer and business and support manager on sector tasks and responsibilities.
Qualifications and Experience
2-5 years customer facing experience in a spirits company
Strong spirits knowledge
WSET advanced certificate desirable
IT Literate - Excel, Word, Power Point
Good Presentation Skills
Experience of selling luxury and/or specialist products
Strong organisational skills
Self-motivated and results driven
Flexible, reliable and hardworking
Able to communicate well with others and strong interpersonal skills
Presentable and professional at all times
A training plan will encompass the following to ensure effectiveness of the employee and to meet our safety standards:
In-house system training