The Whisky Exchange
Buying Admin Assistant
Park Royal, London
Apply by 10 June 2022
If you think you have what it takes, please contact us now at [email protected]
About The Whisky Exchange
The Whisky Exchange (TWE) is a family business founded in 1999, and has since grown to be the internet’s number-one specialist retailer of whisky and other spirits, serving thousands of satisfied customers every week.
Job Title Buying Admin Assistant
Department Buying Team
Contract Term Permanent, Full-time
Contracted Hours Monday to Friday 9am – 6pm. This equates to a 40 hour working week a high degree of flexibility is required in this role
Overview of Opportunity
Founded in 1999, Speciality Drinks were one of the first multi-channel, multi-market global drinks distributors and remain leaders in their field. Their retail arm The Whisky Exchange operates a multi-award-winning website selling over 5000 whiskies, spirits, liqueurs and Champagnes to over 65 countries around the world. They have 3 flagship stores in central London.
They have a division that creates brands and distributes them around the world; another division that wholesales to the finest bars, restaurants and hotels; they boast an industry-leading auction site. They organise the UK's leading whisky, Champagne, Cognac and rum shows. They pride their selves on imagination, creativity and ability to source and sell fantastic spirits from across the globe.
Being part of the Speciality Drinks Group means you’ll be working with some of the very best people in the drinks industry and be part of a fast-growing team that is passionate about everything they do. Speciality Drinks is an independently-managed business and a recent addition to the Pernod Ricard Group in October 2021. Everything is managed in-house – from website development, design and marketing to technology, customer service and global distribution.
They’re looking for bright, motivated, creative people who share their passion for excellence, innovation and delivering great customer service. In return they can offer an exciting, fast-moving, varied environment with great opportunities for career. Could it be you?
Overall Objective of Role
The Buying Admin Assistant role is pivotal to the smooth running of the department and its
main purpose is to provide a comprehensive range of administrative support to the
procurement team, by organising, co-ordinating and assisting with their workload.
Due to business requirements, it is expected that the role holder will need to have a high degree of flexibility in order to meet the demands of the role. The role holder must be able to adjust to a broad and fluid set of tasks as requirements change in this progressive company.
Primary Duties & Key Responsibilities
• Provide buying team with support on a daily basis
• Manage buying directors diary and field calls
• Be first point of call for all new product queries and respond as to whether interested or not once discussed with buyer
• Work with supply chain to ensure that the buyers are aware of any deals need or any big changes in product purchasing
• Setting up suppliers / ensuring supply chain is aware of new supplier and products and is in correct place.
• Setting up new products and adding to relevant supplier spreadsheet
• Support the supply chain team at business-critical times
• Liaise with suppliers to request new samples, ensure those samples are ready for tasting for buying team
• On a regular basis checking supplier price lists to see if we have missed new products and liaising with buyers to see if we are wanting samples
• Work with buyers to ensure all buy lists are up to date
• Setting up marketing promotions set by buyer to ensure briefed in then results collated and sent monthly to relevant suppliers
• Checking competitor ranges and products to ensure buyers are up to speed if we are missing anything that looks relevant
• Liaise with events team to ensure buy list for events up to date and that orders are placed by supply chain. That orders are raised for events and that returns are credited in a timely fashion
• Ensure all offers from suppliers are loaded on to offer sheet with relevant retros / deals
• Working with buyer to get Gift with Purchase offers for customers
• Work with buyer to ensure internal stocks are monitored and moved as needed.
Key Skills and Knowledge
• Spirits Knowledge • Active listener who speaks clearly and articulately with excellent written skills
• Able to make rational decisions under pressure
• Excellent attention to detail
• Knowledge of the drinks industry and a passion for its products
• Experience within drinks industry.
• Wine & Spirits Education Trust (WSET) qualification or equivalent drinks certificate.
• Patient, positive and enthusiastic
• Highly organised with ability to multi-task
• Meticulous attention to detail, with a passion for continual improvement
• Good rapport builder to quickly gain the confidence of colleagues and stakeholders
• Flexible, reliable and hardworking
• Self-motivated and proactive, resolving issues before they escalate into problems
• Presentable and professional at all times
• Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.