The Whisky Exchange
Spirits Advisor - Part-time
Apply by 19 August 2022
If you think you have what it takes, please contact us now at [email protected]
About The Whisky Exchange
The Whisky Exchange (TWE) is a family business founded in 1999, and has since grown to be the internet’s number-one specialist retailer of whisky and other spirits, serving thousands of satisfied customers every week.
Job Title: Spirits Advisor
Contract Term: Permanent, Part-time
Contracted Hours: 24hrs per week, 3 days out of 7 days . A high degree of flexibility is required for this role
Overall Objective of Role
Do you have an interest in the drinks trade? Are you keen to develop your knowledge and expertise in a booming industry? Whether your tipple of choice is wine, spirits or real ale, The Whisky Exchange covers it all. We are a multiple award-winning drinks retailer with an outstanding reputation for range, quality, and able to deliver outstanding customer journeys.
We are delighted to offer the opportunity of the role of Spirits Advisor at the multi-award winning Covent Garden branch of The Whisky Exchange. This is hugely exciting opportunity to join a highly competent team in an ambitious, growing company.
As a Spirits Advisor your primary role is to build and strengthen relationships with our diverse customer base. You’ll be part of a highly driven team of drinks specialists responsible for providing an exceptional shopping experience by offering friendly, helpful advice to guide their purchase and build confidence. The ideal candidate is a first-class communicator with a passion for drinks and an eagerness to learn.
THE ROLE INVOLVES MOVING, STRETCHING, LIFTING, BENDING AND CARRYING OF BOXES AND MATERIALS.
THE ROLE REQUIRES AN INTIMATE KNOWLEDGE OF OUR PRODUCT LINES, SO TASTING AND SAMPLING
SPIRITS UP TO 60% ABV WILL BE A REQUIREMENT OF THE ROLE.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Greeting and assisting customers, maximising engagement and offering samples where appropriate.
• Increasing customer databases.
• Responding to telephone enquiries, taking messages or transferring calls where necessary.
• Ordering specific products for customers if not currently available or in stock, and providing order updates.
• Processing transactions for customers, handling card and cash payments.
• Ensuring all health and safety requirements are met and making corrections where necessary.
• Completing weekly/monthly tasks and DLC to other spirit advisors.
• Maintaining a professional working environment and a culture of continuous improvement.
Stock and Merchandising
• Replenishing stock levels on the display, rotating stock where necessary, and communicating requirements to the management.
• Ensure that retail and stock room spaces are maintained to professional standard.
• Receiving deliveries and assisting with movement of stock in and out of the store.
• Maintaining and updating visual merchandising displays.
• Assisting with stock takes and general inventory management.
Product Knowledge and Personal Development:
• Continual development of product awareness and understanding for new and existing ranges.
• Assisting with private and monthly tasting events, and learning through sampling and developing your palate.
Key skills and knowledge
• Passion for spirits, and the drinks industry in general.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Strong communicator.
• Excellent team working skills and flexible approach to task handling.
• Problem solver.
• Strong sense of priority and awareness.
• Strong sales track record and able to transfer skills to the drinks sector.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Must be flexible to work shift patterns during weekdays and weekends.
• Ability to communicate effectively and clearly with colleagues and customers.
• Well-presented and professional at all times.
• Previous experience in the drinks industry is desirable but not essential.
A training plan will encompass the following to ensure effectiveness of the employee, and to meet our safety standards:
• Manual Handling.
Training conducted on an on-going basis