The Whisky Exchange
Great Portland Street, London
Apply by 17 December 2021
If you think you have what it takes, please contact us now at [email protected]
About The Whisky Exchange
The Whisky Exchange (TWE) is a family business founded in 1999, and has since grown to be the internet’s number-one specialist retailer of whisky and other spirits, serving thousands of satisfied customers every week.
Job Title: Duty Manager
Line Manager: Store Manager
Contract Term: Permanent, Full-time Contracted Hours 40hrs/week, 5 days in 7. A high degree of flexibility is required for this role.
Overall Objective of Role
Do you have an interest in the drinks trade? Are you keen to develop your knowledge and expertise in a booming industry? Whether your tipple of choice is wine, spirits or real ale, The Whisky Exchange covers it all. We are a multiple award-winning drinks retailer with an outstanding reputation for range, quality, and able to deliver outstanding customer journeys.
As a Duty Manager your primary role is to support the retail sales team objectives and day-to-day shop activities, encompassing floor management, team supervision and merchandising. You’ll ensure the smooth running of retail operations, motivate others, and inspire a culture of continuous improvement. The ideal candidate is a first-class communicator with a passion for drinks and an eagerness to learn.
THE ROLE INVOLVES MOVING, STRETCHING, LIFTING, BENDING AND CARRYING OF BOXES AND MATERIALS.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Opening and closing the premises
• End of day procedures and ensuring accurate cash management
• Assisting with in-store tastings and events, and anticipating potential requirements
• Customer service, sales and shop floor activities as required to maintain exceptional standards
• Processing refunds, exchanges and handling customer queries
• Ensuring all health and safety requirements are met and making corrections where necessary
• Weekly banking management and sales performance reports
• Prepare and distribute weekly/monthly tasks and DLC to other sales advisors
• Monitor and motivate other sales advisors to work towards store targets
o Maximizing shopper engagement
o Maintaining exceptional customer service standards
• Assisting with product knowledge development of other team members
Stock and Merchandising
• Assist with back office operations including stock management, pricing and offers on Defacto
• Ensure that retail and stock room spaces are maintained to professional standard
• Monitoring, replacing and updating visual merchandising displays
Product Knowledge and Personal Development
• Continual development of product awareness and understanding for new and existing ranges
• Liaising with brand representatives as required
• Supporting a culture of continuous improvement
Key skills and knowledge
• Previous supervisory experience.
• Passion for spirits, and the drinks industry in general.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Strong sales track record and able to transfer skills to the drinks sector
• Excellent team working skills
• Problem solver.
• Effective communication skills and ability to enthuse and motivate others.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and delegate tasks
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
• Must have flexibility to work shift patterns during weekdays and weekends
• Fluent written and spoken English
• Professional manner and tidy appearance
• Previous experience in the drinks industry is desirable but not essential.
A training plan will encompass the following to ensure effectiveness of the employee, and to meet our safety standards:
• Manual Handling
• Fire Safety training
• First Aid training
• Personal License
• Wine & Spirits Education Trust (WSET)