The Whisky Exchange
Supply Chain Assistant
Park Royal, London
Apply by 01 October 2021
If you think you have what it takes, please contact us now at [email protected]
About The Whisky Exchange
The Whisky Exchange (TWE) is a family business founded in 1999, and has since grown to be the internet’s number-one specialist retailer of whisky and other spirits, serving thousands of satisfied customers every week.
Job Title: Supply Chain Assistant
Department: Supply Chain
Line Manager: Buyer
Executive Reporting Line Manager: Head Buyer
Contract Term: Permanent, Full-time
Contracted Hours: Monday to Friday 9am–6pm
This equates to a 40 hour working week
Overview of Speciality Drinks Group
Speciality Drinks is a fast-growing and world-renowned international spirits company. Founded in 1999, we were one of the first multi-channel, multi-market global drinks distributors and remain leaders in our field.
We’re looking for bright, motivated, passionate and driven people who share our passion for excellence, innovation and delivering great customer service. In return we can offer an exciting, fast-moving, varied environment with great opportunities to develop your career. Could it be you?
Overall Objective of Role
To provide excellent administration support to the buying and supply chain teams.
Relationship building is critical to the role to rectify any issues for customers, internal teams and to ensure the smooth delivery of orders. The role holder will be responsible for the capture, maintenance and timely reporting of information.
Due to business requirements, it is expected that this employee will need to have a high degree of flexibility in order to meet the demands of the role. Therefore it may be necessary to work out of normal working hours due to the nature of the customer base. The role holder must be able to adjust to a broad and fluid set of tasks as requirements change in this progressive company.
- Buying team
- Senior supply chain
- Company directors
- Third Party Under Bond Warehouse
- Shop team
- Trade team
- Customer service team
- Events team
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for supporting the supply chain with their day to day jobs – orders, returns, liaising with suppliers, responding to queries
- Work closely with the key warehouse personnel to ensure goods received are correct and any issues are dealt with swiftly and accurately
- To support the senior supply chain with the purchase of stock to maintain accurate stock levels warehouses using order product history, seasonality and annual events efficiently
- Supporting the buyer by pulling of accurate reports on different areas of the business when needed
- Management of short dated stock to ensure good sell through rates
- Working with suppliers to maintain up to date price lists
- Liaising with suppliers to remedy problems and ensure goods are delivered on time and correctly
- Support all aspects of the business, including online, on-trade, retail and editorial teams in order to ensure stock levels are accurate for needs of the business and the different areas are kept up to date with information regarding stock movement
- Ensure accuracy of data/timely updates on the Company’s ERP system; Defacto
- Aiding the buying team with admin tasks - pricing, supplier set up, research, competitor analysis
- Work closely with the senior managers.
Key Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum of 2 years supply chain experience
- Excellent IT skills including Excel and Microsoft packages
- Strong mathematical ability
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Confident decision maker
- Ability to work within a team or alone
- Excellent attention to detail
- Interest in wines and spirits
- Previous office administration experience
- Ability to work with different areas of the business
- Flexible, reliable and hardworking
- Ability to multi task; dealing with multiple projects efficiently and effectively
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Willingness and desire to learn
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, remaining professional at all times
- Demonstrate a pro-active, can-do attitude.
- Knowledge of under bond and duty processes
- Intermediate Excel
- Accurate Date entry input
- Knowledge of spirits and wine business
A training plan will encompass the following to ensure effectiveness of the employee if not already possessed and verified or experienced in:
- ERP system, (Defacto)
- Other in-house systems
- Manual handling
- Training as required conducted on an on-going basis.