Speciality Drinks Group
Social Media Executive
Park Royal, London
Apply by 25 July 2021
If you think you have what it takes, please contact us now at [email protected]
About Speciality Drinks Group
Speciality Drinks is the premier supplier of whiskies, spirits and champagnes to the on trade. We work with more than 1,000 of the best bars, restaurants and hotels across the UK and overseas, from the smallest pop-up bars to large international groups.
Job Title: Social Media Executive
Department: Marketing & PR
Line Manager: Social Media Manager
Executive Reporting Line Manager: Business Development Director
Contract Term: Permanent, Full-time
Contracted Hours: Monday to Friday 9am-6pm
This equates to a 40 hour working week.
A high degree of flexibility is required for this role to meet business needs
Overview of Speciality Drinks Group
Founded in 1999, we were one of the first multi-channel, multi-market global drinks distributors and remain leaders in our field. Our retail arm The Whisky Exchange operates a multi-award-winning website selling over 5000 whiskies, spirits, liqueurs and Champagnes to over 65 countries around the world. We also have 3 flagship stores in central London.
We have a division that creates brands and distributes them around the world; another division that wholesales to the finest bars, restaurants and hotels; we boast an industry-leading auction site. We organise the UK's leading whisky, Champagne, Cognac & rum shows. We pride ourselves on our imagination, creativity and ability to source and sell fantastic spirits from across the globe.
Being part of the Speciality Drinks Group means you’ll be working with some of the very best people in the drinks industry and be part of a fast-growing team that is passionate about everything we do. We’re a family-owned and managed business and look after everything in-house – from website development, design and marketing to technology, customer service and global distribution.
We’re looking for bright, motivated, creative people who share our passion for excellence, innovation and delivering great customer service. In return we can offer an exciting, fast-moving, varied environment with great opportunities for career progression and a Greenfield project opportunity. Could it be you?
Overall objectives of the role
This role fuses social media strategy, marketing, and content. You will liaise closely with the marketing, creative and buying departments, and will be responsible for overseeing the creation, management, and timely delivery of all key organic social media campaigns for The Whisky Exchange. You will provide support for sister entities (Old & Rare, TWE Events) and other companies in the Group (London Cocktail Week, Speciality Drinks trade, Whisky.Auction).
This is a position for a passionate social media executive who can develop and track campaigns. The specialist must grow the following and increase engagement on all platforms to increase ROI on campaigns. This is a key role in the development of the reputation and commercial success of The Whisky Exchange that will focus on both our existing and new customers.
We’re looking for a social media executive with a flair for b2c e-commerce who shares our passion for excellence and innovation. In return we can offer an exciting, varied environment with the opportunity to be at the heart of creating a world-leading drinks business.
- Marketing Team
- Creative Team
- Buying Team
- Events & Shops Teams
- Old & Rare Team
- Whisky Auction Team
- SDL trade Team
- London Cocktail Week Team
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Manage organic social media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities for The Whisky Exchange including:
- Collaborate with Marketing and Buying teams to develop relevant content topics to reach the company’s followers.
- Create, curate, and manage all organic content (images, video, written, etc). Work with copywriters and designers to ensure content is informative and appealing.
- Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “social” way while cultivating sales.
- Help PR with development and expansion of community and/or influencer outreach efforts.
- Oversee design, ensure consistent visual branding that is compelling and gets the point across for social media graphics for all profiles (Facebook cover, profile pic, thumbnails, Instagram, Twitter, etc) and posts.
- Monitor online reviews and respond to each review timely and with care.
- Analyse key metrics and tweak strategy as needed.
- Compile weekly, monthly, and ad hoc reports showing results, and present these to management.
- Provide full community management for Speciality Drinks trade, and varying levels of support according to business needs for TWE Old & Rare, TWE Events, London Cocktail Week and Whisky.Auction.
- Become an advocate for the company in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Stay up to date with latest social media best practices and technologies: monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design, and strategy in international markets.
- Adhere to rules and regulations.
- Manage the following on all relevant channels:
- Audience growth
- Audience profile
- Audience engagement
- Content reach
- Engagement by content type
- Response rate and quality
- Negative feedback
Essential skills and knowledge
- At least two years e-commerce experience working in a social media role for a b2c online retailer
- Outstanding English written and verbal communication skills
- Well-organised, methodical with an excellent attention to detail
- High level of competence manipulating and analysing data and producing clear, concise, insightful reports – especially Excel
- Good business acumen
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Customer focused
- Proficiency with project management tools e.g. JIRA, Trello, Basecamp or similar
- Knowledge of Facebook Business Manager and similar tool for different social channels
- Proficiency with Planoly, Later or similar planning tool
- Proficiency with Google Analytics or similar e-commerce reporting tools
- Skilled in working collaboratively across a wide range of different colleagues and disciplines, to achieve objectives with consensus
- Comprehensive understanding of the latest trends in the social media space
- Robust time management, ability to meet tight deadlines
- Logical with a strong analytical mind-set for solving problems
- Strategic and creative thinking
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Self- motivated and results driven
- Flexible, reliable, and hardworking
- Able to communicate well with others and strong interpersonal skills
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate a positive, pro-active, can-do attitude
- Presentable and professional
A training plan will encompass of the role to ensure the employee is well equipped to deliver in the role:
- Manual handling.
- In-house systems