Speciality Drinks Group
Park Royal, London
Apply by 23 July 2021
If you think you have what it takes, please contact us now at [email protected]
About Speciality Drinks Group
Speciality Drinks is the premier supplier of whiskies, spirits and champagnes to the on trade. We work with more than 1,000 of the best bars, restaurants and hotels across the UK and overseas, from the smallest pop-up bars to large international groups.
Line Manager: Credit Control Supervisor
Executive Reporting Line Manager: Finance Director
Contract Term: Permanent, Full-time
Contracted Hours: Monday to Friday 9am-6pm
This equates to a 40 hour working week
Overview of Speciality Drinks Group
Speciality Drinks is a fast-growing and world-renowned international spirits company. Founded in 1999, we were one of the first multi-channel, multi-market global drinks distributors and remain leaders in our field.
We’re looking for bright, motivated, passionate and driven people who share our passion for excellence, innovation and delivering great customer service. In return we can offer an exciting, fast-moving, varied environment with great opportunities to develop your career.
Overall objective of Role
Working with the Credit Team to manage the Credit Control function for all entities within the group. This is an end to end credit control role. We require the individual to make an impact in a short period of time and be able to take ownership of the ledger and deliver results.
Due to business requirements, it is expected that the role holder will need to have a high degree of flexibility in order to meet the demands of the role. Therefore, it may be necessary to work out of normal working hours due to the nature of the projects, and in order to meet the necessary demands of our client base. The role holder must be able to adjust to a broad and fluid set of tasks as requirements change in this progressive company.
Working Relationships outside of Finance
Customer Service Team – On Trade and Web
Business Development Managers
Sales Managers and Business Development Director
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Open Customer accounts and performing credit checks on customers
- Establish credit limits and risk categories
- Credit Control for fast paced high volume business including checking status of open orders on ERP
- Liaise with customers and internal Business Development Managers’ to resolve problems preventing receipt of payment
- Dealing with customer queries, sending duplicate copy invoices and credit notes
- Issue statements and reminder letters on a monthly basis and as and when requested by customer
- Contact customers via phone, email, chasing payment for overdue invoices
- Negotiate payment terms and plans with customers
- Update accounting system with summary of all communications
- Assisting with any ad-hoc duties within Finance.
Reporting and posting
- Produce a aged debtors list for all group companies
- Creating monthly reporting for Account Managers to highlight overdue accounts and ensuring any issues are resolved for prompt payment
- Monthly meetings with Credit Control Supervisor to discuss accounts
- Maintain the sales ledger
- Daily preparation and banking of cheque deposits
- Daily posting of bank receipts
- Daily posting of credit card receipts
- Build and strengthen relationships with internal/external customers.
Key Skills and Knowledge
- Practical working knowledge of credit control
- Minimum of five years’ credit control experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commercial sensibility and business acumen
- Excellent time management skills and be able to manage multiple tasks
- Able to handle pressure
- Problem solver
- Attention to detail
- Good Excel skills
A training plan will encompass the following to ensure effectiveness of the employee if not already possessed and verified or experienced in:
- ERP system (Defacto)
- Other in-house systems
- Manual handling
- Health & Safety Responsibilities
Employees are required to act in accordance with the relevant Health & Safety policies and procedures, adhering to legislative compliance and company requirements.