International Sales Manager
Apply by 30 September 2020Apply
About Elixir Distillers
Elixir Distillers is the independent bottling arm of the Speciality Drinks Group, one of the world’s leading drinks companies. Its mission is to create, blend and bottle fantastic spirits from across the globe.
Job Title : International Sales Manager
Department : Elixir Distillers
Line Manager: Head Blender & Business Manager
Contract Term : Permanent, full-time
Contracted Hours : Monday to Friday 9am – 6pm
This equates to a 40 hour working week
Elixir Distillers is the independent bottling arm of the Speciality Drinks Group, a company that is at the forefront of the drinks industry. We have imagination, creativity and of course all the fantastic spirits from across the globe. Working here means you’ll be working with the best people the drinks industry has and be part of a growing team that is passionate about what we do - a multi-channel retailer, wholesaler, distributor and producer which set the standards others aspire to follow.
We have been bottling some of the finest whiskies on the UK market since 2005, winning numerous awards at international spirits competitions. The company releases a wide variety of whiskies under three core brands: Single Malts of Scotland, Elements of Islay and Port Askaig. In 2010 we added Black Tot Rum, the last consignment of British Royal Navy rum, to our portfolio.
In addition to the above brands, we are working on a range of new products across different categories to be launched over the coming five years as well as developing a new distillery on Islay. With a full design team in-house, we are able to create new products in a highly creative and reactive environment.
Having secured long term supply contracts for the core products in both Elements of Islay and Port Askaig, we are now looking for ambitious growth across all our brands. We have more than 25 customers in 20 markets and have plans to expand in Asia, South America and Eastern Europe.
We are looking to recruit an International Sales Manager to oversee this growth.
Due to business requirements, it is expected that the role holder will need to have a high degree of flexibility in order to meet the demands of the role. Therefore, it may be necessary to work out of normal working hours due to the nature of the projects, and in order to meet the necessary demands of our client base.
The role holder must be able to adjust to a broad and fluid set of tasks as requirements change in
this progressive company.
The fundamental purpose of this role is to grow the sales of Elixir Distillers core brands; Elements of Islay, Port Askaig, Single Malts of Scotland and Black Tot in selected existing international markets, as well as finding distribution partners in new markets for the full portfolio of spirits produced by or exclusively distributed by Elixir Distillers export division.
The successful candidate will be responsible for regular communication with specific markets, making sure each customer is aware of new products and product availability as well as communicating pricing and offers where applicable. They will also be responsible for selling in and managing the processes and communication for market exclusives and single cask offerings.
Working alongside the Elixir Distillers export sales team and Business Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for creating and managing budgets for specific markets, and ensuring that plans in each market are implemented to help grow sales for Elixir Distillers own brands.
The successful candidate will be expected to organise and undertake market visits; where they will meet with distribution partners and key customers and host training sessions and consumer events. The key objective for these visits will be to grow the awareness of Elixir Distillers own brands in each market as well as identifying market specific trends and opportunities.
Due to business requirements, the successful candidate will need to have a high degree of flexibility in order to meet the demands of the role. It may be necessary to work out of normal working hours due to the nature of the projects, and in order to meet the necessary demands of our client base.
The successful candidate must be able to adjust to a broad and fluid set of tasks as requirements change in this progressive company.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Working with the existing network of distributors to further sales of the Elixir Distillers portfolio of brands, by developing interesting promotions and setting achievable goals.
- Working with the Business Manager to develop a 3 year growth strategy for the core brands in specific markets.
- Working with the Business Manager and marketing/sales team to create a global marketing campaign for core brands.
- Working with the export sales team to find the best distributors for each brand in new markets.
- Delivering great customer service by tailoring the brand strategy for each market.
- Conducting training sessions and tailor them to the specific needs of each market.
- Working with distribution partners to create a plan for on-trade and off-trade activities in each market.
- Coordinating the involvement of all brands at appropriate trade and consumer events in key markets and hosting tastings for key customers.
- Creating full weekly reports for all activities and objectives.
Key Skills and Knowledge
- Degree level qualification preferred.
- Knowledge of the whisky and spirits business. A passion for the drinks industry is essential.
- Fluent French speaker.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- A proven ability to interact successfully with a range of customers.
- Skilled in working collaboratively.
- Well-organised and a highly effective project and time manager.
- Methodical with an excellent attention to detail.
- Equally at home working independently or as part of a team.
- IT skills: Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Demonstrate a positive, pro-active, can-do attitude.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 2-5 years’ customer facing experience in a sales role.
- Experience of selling luxury or specialist products.
- Social media savvy.
- Experience in marketing, or a proven flair for this area, along with strong creativity and an eye for design.
- Presentable and professional at all times.
- Able to communicate well with others and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Self-motivated and results driven.
- Commercially astute.
- Flexible, reliable and hardworking.
- Always thinking about the customer.