Customer Service & Logistics Controller
Apply by 06 August 2020Apply
About Speciality Brands
Speciality Brands Ltd operate in the area of premium alcoholic beverages. We are a distribution company that operate exclusive agency agreements and represent some of the finest boutique alcoholic drinks brands from across the globe.
Job Title : Customer Service & Logistics Controller
Department : Speciality Brands
Contract Term : Permanent, full-time
Contracted Hours : Monday to Friday 9am – 6pm
This equates to a 40 hour working week
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Primary duties and responsibilities
Customer Service Focused:
- To manage the day to day activities of the Customer Services Executive (CSE) ensuring all tasks are fulfilled to the required standards.
- Execute the responsibilities of The CSE when they are not present in the business.
- Manage any issues with customers that are beyond the remit of the customer services executive.
- Manage the master price file so that all customer pricing is recorded accurately.
- Manage our customer file so that all customer information is recorded accurately.
- Assist the account manager with the administration of The Amazon account.
- Create management reports for Managing Director to facilitate his management of the business.
- Create sales reports for the wider sales team to assist them with managing their accounts.
- Manage the product allocation process as agreed with the Head of Retail Sales and signed off by the Managing Director.
- Communicate all product details required by customers through completing new line forms or updating historic details.
- Manage the product code and details file. Manage the generation of internal product codes and liaise with brand owners to ensure that all required product details are up to date and recorded accurately.
- Manage inventory to agreed levels with Managing Director. Alert Managing Director when stocks are running low.
- Raise purchase orders, to be signed off by Managing Director and send to brand owners.
- Liaise with brand owners to arrange shipment of required orders.
- Track goods inward schedule keeping Managing Director and team updated on arrival and availability schedule. Make Managing Director aware of any discrepancies to expected timetable.
- Communicate any OOS to the team and advise when products will be back in stock and available for sale.
- Communicate availability for sale of all new products to the SBL sales and ambassador team.
- Issue duty stamping instructions to London City Bond and manage inventory levels.
- Manage the process for recording and resolving stock discrepancies at LCB. Oversee charges from LCB to ensure they are in line with agreed guidelines and expectations.
- Communicate to brand owners claims arising from damaged, short delivered and non-duty stamped stock and ensure the appropriate credits are raised.
Due to business requirements, it is expected that the role holder will need to have a degree of flexibility in order to meet the demands of the role. It may be occasionally necessary to work out of normal working hours due to the nature of the business.
The role holder must be able to adjust to a broad and fluid set of tasks as requirements change in this progressive company.
Key Skills and Knowledge
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Excellent administrative skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills - word, excel, email.
- First-hand experience of using Sage 200 or a similar financial management system
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly with colleagues and customers.
- Accurate and detail-conscious.
- Experience in high-level customer service.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to multi-task.
- Work well as part of a team.
- Demonstrate a pro-active ‘can do’ attitude.
- Experience of stock control.
- Previous experience in the drinks industry.
- Knowledge of customs clearance process/importing.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3-5 years customer service experience.
- Exposure to and management of stock control and or purchasing systems.
- High level of numeracy and verbal/writing/communication skills.
- Strong level of computer knowledge/experience in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- “Expert” understanding of using Sage 200 or a similar financial management system.
- Strong organisational skills with a good attention to detail.
- A dedicated team player who will to get involved in all aspects of the business.
- Self-motivated and results driven.
- Flexible, reliable and conscientious.
- Able to communicate well with others and strong interpersonal skills.