Customer Services Administrator
Apply by 31 May 2020Apply
About Speciality Drinks
Speciality Drinks is the premier supplier of whiskies, spirits and champagnes to the on trade. We work with more than 1,000 of the best bars, restaurants and hotels across the UK and overseas, from the smallest pop-up bars to large international groups.
Job Title: Customer Services Administrator
Department: On Trade
Line Manager: Customer Services Team Leader
Executive Reporting Line Manager: Operations Director
Contract Term: Permanent, Full-time
Contracted Hours: Monday to Friday 9am – 6pm
This equates to a 40 hour working week, a high degree of flexibility is required in this role.
Overall objective of Role
The fundamental purpose of this role is to ensure exceptional customer service is given at all times and all orders are fulfilled within the agreed Service Level Agreement. You will have strong customer service and administration skills, with the ability to multi-task and work towards tight deadlines.
Due to business requirements, it is expected that the role holder will need to have a high degree of flexibility in order to meet the demands of the role. Therefore, it may be necessary to work out of normal working hours due to the nature of the projects, and in order to meet the necessary demands of our client base. The role holder must be able to adjust to a broad and fluid set of tasks as requirements change in this progressive company.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- To correctly input orders into the economic resource planning system; (Defacto) whilst checking delivery dates in a timely manner.
- Confirm orders with customer, confirming delivery date and estimated delivery times along with any out of stock lines and alternative products available.
- Communicating with all clients in a professional manner and escalating any issues to management level if needed.
- Create collection notes for customer returns.
- Arrange online bookings via portals to book in customer deliveries.
- Process order payments.
- Update online ordering systems with customer invoice details.
- Updating account delivery details keeping the warehouse team informed of any new times or delivery instructions.
- Offer full administration support to Business Development Managers.
- Attend in-house training as and when required to build product knowledge.
Business Development Managers.
Company Drivers and Warehouse Department.
Key Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent administrative skills.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills in order to meet required deadlines.
- IT skills; Microsoft Office Suite; Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Self- motivated and results driven.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in high customer focused environment.
- Professional and friendly manner with the ability to build rapport.
- Able to communicate well with others and strong interpersonal skills.
- Team skills – able to support other team members where possible.
- Demonstrate a pro-active ‘can do’ attitude.
- Flexible, reliable and hardworking.
- Commercially aware.
- Presentable and professional at all times.
Qualifications and Experience
- 1 - 2 years customer facing experience in wholesale spirits or Brand Company.
- Numerate and literate.
- Experience of selling luxury or specialist products.
- Premium Spirits and Champagne knowledge.
- WSET advanced certificate.
A training plan will encompass the following to ensure effectiveness of the employee:
Full training in all systems used.
Day in the Shop.
Day out with one of the drivers.
Day in the warehouse.
Day out in Trade with a Business Development Manager.
Health & Safety Responsibilities:
Act in accordance with the relevant Health & Safety policies and procedures, adhering to legislative compliance and company requirements.