Speciality Drinks Group
Apply by 20 September 2020Apply
About Speciality Drinks Group
Speciality Drinks is the premier supplier of whiskies, spirits and champagnes to the on trade. We work with more than 1,000 of the best bars, restaurants and hotels across the UK and overseas, from the smallest pop-up bars to large international groups.
Job Title : Security Officer
Department : Speciality Drinks Group
Contract Term : Permanent, full-time
Contracted Hours : Monday to Friday 8am – 6pm
This equates to a 47.5 hour working week, a high degree of flexibility is required in this role.
Overall objective of role
To maintain a safe and secure environment for visiting customers, contractors and our employees by monitoring and patrolling the premises.
Due to business requirements, it is expected that the role holder will need to have a high degree of flexibility in order to meet the demands of the role. Therefore, it may be necessary to work out of normal working hours due to the nature of the projects, and in order to meet the necessary demands of our client base. The role holder must be able to adjust to a broad and fluid set of tasks as requirements change in this progressive company.
THE ROLE INVOLVES MOVING, STRETCHING, LIFTING, BENDING AND CARRYING OF BOXES & MATERIALS.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Monitoring the activities of people on-site, be it internal or external, to ensure that good order is kept throughout and the building is kept secure at all times
- Identify any irregularities, record and report all security related issues directly to the Operations Manager / Senior Management Team
- Managing the reception area by meeting, greeting and assisting visitors, contractors and SDL employees, ensuring all site procedures / policies are adhered to
- Periodically patrol the site to maintain security awareness in conjunction with CCTV monitoring of Elixir House and all company retail shops
- Conducting daily searches on employees as they exit the building
- Respond to emergencies and provide necessary assistance to visitors, contractors and employees
- Monitor and control access at building entrances, shutters, vehicle gates and assisting drivers on the warehouse yard
- As a key-holder, ensuring any keys are kept secure and their whereabouts are always known
- Advising on general security issues where there may be lapses.
Key skills and knowledge
- Interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and customers
- Excellent administrative skills, with the ability to carry out investigations and write-ups
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate a pro-active ‘can do’ attitude.
Qualifications and experience:
- SIA Security badge
- Numerate and literate
- IT Literate: competent in using Microsoft applications: Word and Outlook
- Have previous security experience, combined with excellent customer service skills
- Be able to remain calm, take control and make sound judgements in an emergency
- Be able to provide personal attention to public visitors whilst remaining alert and aware of any events in the surrounding environment
- Be able to make decisions and work on own initiative
- Have good computer skills and report writing skills
- Be able to work as part of a team and contribute to good working relationships by offering flexibility, understanding and compromise when appropriate
- Be able to work overtime/additional as required in order to help management provide a flexible, efficient security service at all times.
- Strong organisational skills
- Self-motivated and results driven
- Team player, flexible, reliable and hardworking
- Able to communicate well with others and strong interpersonal skills
- Commercially astute
- Presentable and professional at all times.