Trade Marketing Manager
Apply by 31 May 2020Apply
About Speciality Brands
Speciality Brands Ltd operate in the area of premium alcoholic beverages. We are a distribution company that operate exclusive agency agreements and represent some of the finest boutique alcoholic drinks brands from across the globe.
Job Title: Trade Marketing Manager
Contract Term: Permanent, Full-time
Contracted Hours Monday to Friday 9am – 6pm This equates to a 40 hour working week, a high degree of flexibility required in this role. We will consider flexible working hours and part-time for the right candidate
About Speciality Brands Ltd
Speciality Brands Ltd is a premium brand-building business for spirits. We import the finest spirits from around the world and distribute them under exclusive agreement on behalf of brand owners. Key within our portfolio are Nikka Japanese Whisky, Beluga Vodka, Diplomatico Rum, Tapatio Tequila, Cocchi Vermouth and Hine Cognac.
Speciality Brands is proud to have not only some of the world’s finest spirits, but also a dedicated team of the most experienced and well-respected personalities in the UK drinks industry. Comprised of award-winning mixologists, top brand ambassadors, experienced account managers and marketing experts, our passion is delivering first class marketing, training and impeccable service levels to the prestige on trade and retail sectors for our products.
Aligned to our products our customers are also at the very pinnacle of their respective sectors. Examples of outlets we work closely with include The Savoy, Hakkasan, Claridges, Revolucion De Cuba, Selfridges, Waitrose and The Whisky Exchange. Our range of target consumers is diverse. From discerning consumers looking for a great cocktail experience to Japanese whisky enthusiasts wanting to learn about the latest release.
Started in 2009 and privately owned Speciality Brands Ltd is now a £9m+ turnover business with 24 full-time employees. We have five dedicated people in our marketing team, looking after all marketing activity for our strong portfolio of brands. We currently create & participate in over 80 events a year, we have very active PR & social media programmes driving awareness for our brands. We are building our trade marketing programmes to support sales in our accounts and looking for this role to play a fundamental part in building this.
Due to business requirements, it is expected that this employee will need to have a high degree of flexibility in order to meet the demands of the role. Therefore, it may be necessary to work out of normal working hours due to the nature of the projects, and in order to meet the necessary demands of the press and our partners.Overall objective of Role
We are looking for a trade marketing & brand manager to come into the business to help build our trade marketing programs. The role will have two main areas of responsibility.
- Trade marketing – initiating ideas for and creating all our trade marketing materials including brand presenters, company website and sales materials. You will also lead the development and creation of trade marketing activities with our accounts, such as activities to promote our brands in the on trade and advertising our brands within our retail channels.
- Brand Management – support the brand planning process and lead the delivery of all brand activities for 2 core brands in our portfolio.
The role is very varied between defining and creating trade marketing materials, working with our key on & off trade customers, implementing brand activity, working with our brands at events and developing trade advocacy programs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Trade marketing – Using your knowledge of the UK on & off trade, defining the strategy and creating world class trade marketing materials for the business such as brand presenters, company website and sales materials.
- Working with our sales teams to lead the development and creation of trade marketing activities with our accounts, such as retailer advertising and brand activation programs with key premium on trade accounts.
- Brand Management – support the brand planning process and lead the delivery of all brand activities for 2 core brands in our portfolio. Plus support delivery of the brands plans for our rising star and core portfolio brands where applicable.
- Budget management – Creating and managing the budgets for our top brands The role holder must be able to adjust to a broad and fluid set of tasks as requirements change in this progressive company.
- Speciality Brands Marketing team
- Speciality Brands sales and ambassador team
- In House Creative team
Key skills and Knowledge
- A passion and understanding of the drinks industry, particularly spirits.
- Knowledge of the UK on & off trade industry, venues & trends
- A strong attention to detail, ability to think ahead and ability to anticipate potential problems and resolve them.
- Experience in creating sales & trade marketing material
- An eye for design and creating well designed material
- Experience in creating POS material working with a design team.
- Strong copy writing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding relationship building.
- Proactive and ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong Project management skills.
- Ability to plan and execute projects to meet required deadlines, while remaining calm under pressure.
- IT skills; Microsoft office- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, amending copy and images on websites
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate a pro-active ‘can do’ attitude.
- Experience with photography/ photo shoots.
- Experience with managing social media accounts.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in a spirits marketing role
- Spirits knowledge & a passion to learn
- IT Literate - Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe
- Strong organisational skills.
- Flexible, reliable and hardworking.
- Self-motivated and results driven.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Well-presented and professional at all times.
- Hand on and happy to get involved in all aspects of the role
Health & Safety Responsibilities:
Act in accordance with the relevant Health & Safety policies and procedures, adhering to legislative compliance and company requirements.